The E-Daakhil is an online portal that allows grahak to file complaints at their convenience from anywhere, diminishing the requirement of their physical presence at consumer commissions. It also allows consumer commissions to scrutinize these online submitted complaints and accept, reject or forward these to the concerned commission for further processing. This online portal launched on 7th September 2020 by The National Consumer Disputes Redressal Commission (NCDRC).
Here are the steps to follow for lodging an online complaint in different forums:
1. Go to the portal E-Daakhil (https://edaakhil.nic.in/edaakhil/)
2. Click on the “Complain” button located at the top left corner of the page.
3.Then register by providing personal information including name, phone number, email id and address.
4. Select the complaint type, based on the value of your grievance claim.
5. Write a detailed description of the complaint in the provided box. You can write the description in both Hindi and English.
6. Attach any supporting documents related to the complaint. Enter the captcha code displayed on the screen.
7. Click on the “Submit” button to file the complaint.
8.After submitting the complaint, you will receive a complaint ID that you can use to track the status of the complaint.
9. You can pay court fees online through UPI or net banking. Do not refresh or press back the page until the payment is completed. In case of failed payment, the case will be listed under the ‘check fail transaction category’ in the case filing menu.
10. Offline payments may be fulfilled through bank demand drafts (DDS) or Indian Postal Orders (IPOS), challan, or NEFT/RTGS.
Within 48 hours, the case will be acknowledged, and the redress process will begin, which takes one month to complete. Besides, you can also track the messages sent to the brand and consumer.